Head here to see all of my online work at The Chronicle of the Horse
B.A., Communication with Journalism concentration. George Mason University, May 2010
Coursework includes feature, news and PR writing, digital photography and online journalism.
Chronicle of the Horse Editorial Staff April 2012-present
- Write weekly stories, report on horse shows, photograph at horse shows.
National Sporting Library Assistant Librarian March 2011-March 2012
- Includes processing donations, greeting visitors, shelf reading and data input.
Chronicle of the Horse Editorial Intern August 2010 -February 2011
- Includes writing stories for the print publication, traveling and reporting on horse shows, photography, writing late news and obituaries and helping the editor with various projects.
Equine Photographer 2006-Present
- GRC Photography, Goldvein, VA.
- Eventing action photography using a full range of professional quality digital equipment. Post-event photo editing and processing. Events covered include Fair Hill International CCI***, USPC Nationals and many USEA Area II events.
Family Barn Manager 2002-2015
- Manage daily operations of six-stall private family barn with boarders. Includes coordination and meeting with vets, farriers, supply deliveries, feeding, administering medication, minor injuries and lameness.
- Evented to Preliminary throughout USEA Area II on three different horses since age 13.
- Currently re-training off-the-track Thoroughbred.
- Competed through 2nd level dressage.
- Currently train with eventing specialist Lisa Reid and USDF “S” rated dressage judge Heidi Berry.