My name is Lindsay Berreth. I currently live in Leesburg, Va. I graduated from George Mason University with a BA in Communications in May 2010 with a concentration in journalism and I’ve been a staff writer for The Chronicle of the Horse magazine in Middleburg, Va., since 2012. I decided to start a blog to post samples of my work, as well as chronicle my life, which I think is kind of unique. I have four interests; horses, music, travel and photography.
I have been eventing since 2002, but I’ve ridden horses all of my life. I recently moved from keeping my horses at home to a boarding barn in Leesburg. I have 4 of my own horses, and my mom has one. I’m currently keeping two in Leesburg while my retired horse and minis live at home.
I have been going to concerts since I was 16 in the Md/Va/DC area. I’ve traveled everywhere from Baltimore to Norfolk for shows. I haven’t attended as many shows as I’d like to in recent years, but concert photography and music remain a passion.
I am a self-taught photographer, and I’ve worked for GRC Photography on many weekends shooting horse shows. I feel like photography brings together my two very different interests in horses and music. I’m also interested in history, England (I’m an anglophile!), makeup and beauty (I spend way too much money at Sephora) and television and movies.
National and Regional Eventing Awards
- 2nd place 2013 USEA Area 2 Adult Amateur Preliminary Rider
- 2nd place 2013 CDCTA Adult Amateur Preliminary Rider
- 2nd place 2012 USEA Area 2 Adult Amateur Preliminary Rider
- 1st place 2012 CDCTA Adult Amateur Preliminary Rider
- 2nd place 2011 USEA Adult Amateur Training Rider
- 5th place 2011 USEA Adult Training Rider
- 2nd place 2011 USEA Area 2 Adult Amateur Training Rider
- 1st place 2011 CDCTA Adult Amateur Training Rider
- 3rd place 2006 USEA Senior Training Rider of the Year award
- 2nd place 2006 Waredaca Training 3-Day
- 4th place 2006 Area II Training Rider year-end standings
- Completed 2006 American Eventing Championships at Training level
- 2004 American Hanoverian Society Novice Eventing National Champion
- 8th place 2003 USEA Area II Junior Training year-end standings
- 9th place 2002 USEA Junior Novice Rider year-end standings