B.A., Communication with Journalism concentration. George Mason University, May 2010
Coursework includes feature, news and PR writing, digital photography and online journalism.
Chronicle of the Horse Editorial Staff April 2012-present
- Write weekly stories, report on horse shows, photograph at horse shows.
National Sporting Library Assistant Librarian March 2011-March 2012
- Includes processing donations, greeting visitors, shelf reading and data input.
Chronicle of the Horse Editorial Intern August 2010 -February 2011
- Includes writing stories for the print publication, traveling and reporting on horse shows, photography, writing late news and obituaries and helping the editor with various projects.
Equine Photographer 2006-Present
- GRC Photography, Goldvein, VA.
- Eventing action photography using a full range of professional quality digital equipment. Post-event photo editing and processing. Events covered include Fair Hill International CCI***, USPC Nationals and many USEA Area II events.
Family Barn Manager 2002-Present
- Manage daily operations of six-stall private family barn with boarders. Includes coordination and meeting with vets, farriers, supply deliveries, feeding, administering medication, minor injuries and lameness.
- Evented to Preliminary throughout USEA Area II on three different horses since age 13.
- Currently re-training off-the-track Thoroughbred; now competing at training level.
- Competed through 2nd level dressage.
- Currently train with eventing specialist Lisa Reid and USDF “R” rated dressage judge Nicky Vogel.
New Media Experience
- Own and maintain independent music website, http://www.avoidthescene.com. Features live music photography and concert reviews. Requires corporation with performer’s publicists to secure press credentials at venues.
- Knowledge of social media sites including Facebook, YouTube and Myspace.
- Basic Photoshop experience.